Latest financial news - CNNMoney.com
- Tavis Smiley's show suspended by PBS amid misconduct allegations
PBS has suspended distribution of "Tavis Smiley" amid "troubling allegations" against the news show's namesake host.
- Janet Yellen: Tax plan's deficits could make it harder to fight a recession
Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen raised concerns Wednesday that deficits, which are expected to be driven higher by the tax plan now in Congress, may give policy makers little room to respond to a future recession.
- John McCain to Trump: Lay off the 'fake news' claims
Senator John McCain again called out President Trump for his anti-media rhetoric.
- Why Trump's 'giant' middle class tax cut is less than advertised
President Trump on Wednesday made what the White House billed as his "closing argument" for the Republican tax plan making its way through Congress. His main argument: The proposals will result in a "giant tax cut" for the middle class.
- Fed chair calls bitcoin 'highly speculative'
Bitcoin's wild rally has enraptured investors in recent weeks. But the chair of the Federal Reserve isn't buying into the hype.
- Navajo Nation sues Wells Fargo over 'predatory' sales practices
The Navajo Nation has sued Wells Fargo, claiming the bank targeted tribal members with "predatory sales tactics."
- 'Mannequin Skywalker' takes flight on Blue Origin rocket
Blue Origin, the space exploration outfit headed by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, sent a dummy on a test flight to space on Tuesday.
- MP tells Facebook to look harder for Russian Brexit meddling
Facebook says that a Russian troll farm with links to the Kremlin that spent $100,000 on Facebook ads in an attempt to influence U.S. politics only spent $0.97 targeting British voters ahead of the Brexit referendum. But the head of a parliamentary committee investigating fake news and online misinformation in the United Kingdom says he's concerned Facebook hasn't looked hard enough.
- A month after a New York woman died, someone used her identity to campaign against net neutrality
Margaret Mary Basco died on June 9, 2017, at Saint Peter's Hospital in Albany, New York. She was 58.
- The future of how the internet is regulated is about to change
Read full story for latest details.